Thursday, February 4, 2010

Living for Christ

Philippians 1:21
“To live is Christ and to die is gain”

This may be one of the shortest verses in God’s Word, but it says so much. Our human nature is to put emphasis on what will bring us pleasure, joy, happiness, success, popularity, etc. To focus on these things causes us to forget what being a believer in Christ is all about.

How many times do we put our feelings or desires ahead of what Christ wants for us? Maybe we even let our “feelings” get in the way of receiving God’s love and direction. I recently tried to reach out to someone that I felt needed encouragement and support for a major step they took in their lives. In doing so, my friend took those actions in a negative manner. Now, instead of coming to me and asking me if she had misunderstood my actions, she judged me and thought the worst. I did no better, I have let her judgment towards me fester inside and have allowed it to keep me from being a completely pure vessel of God.

My desire is to realize that petty misunderstandings and daily human sin only keeps us from living completely for Christ. My prayer is that one day the closeness that I once thought was between my friend and I will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment