Thursday, February 25, 2010

Being a Servant

When my 13 year old Paige first sang the beautiful song, Broken and Spilled Out, it touched my heart knowing that was truly how she felt. Throughout her young life I have seen her reach out to those around her.

When she was very young she had a special gift of touching senior adults, as she grew her reach began to expand to little children. Paige never has to think twice about tending to someone’s child so that they might be free to do something else. Children are drawn to her, and she is drawn to them. Even though we have reached the teenage years, when most kids are only concerned about themselves, Paige still has a servant’s heart. She just naturally wants to help in any way she can in any situation. Now, I am not saying that she never thinks of herself, but her servant hood most definitely stands out.

I was reading my devotional this morning about how we should not only spread the gospel of Christ, but also be willing to be His servant to those around us. We should not be concerned about the cost of our servant hood, only that He calls us to serve others and we should be obedient to that call.

I want to be “broken and spilled out” in His hands, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment