Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I was thinking about things that make me feel “safe” when talking to someone and I thought about a psychologist. When one confides in such a doctor they share intimate details about their life knowing that it will go no further than that little room. So, maybe we should keep this type on confidentiality in mind when someone comes to us with a prayer need or a hurt or temptation they are dealing with. We should just listen and then let it stay at that place. Even, if the future at some point, if that person does something to upset us or make us angry; what they told us still stays right where we left it. We do not bring it back up again to get back at them or tell someone else to make ourselves look better.

So, we ask ourselves, “Am I someone that will keep what I know in the little room?”

This is just something to consider. Let me know your thoughts on the use of our tongue and how it could affect the “safety of others”.

1 comment:

  1. "Safety of others" Oh my gosh! That hits home! When you hear people talk about other people and judging them for whatever reason, it makes you think twice about being real with those around you. I love my friends dearly but after listening to them for awhile I have learned to keep my mouth shut! Is there ever a "safe" place with people you trust or friends to ask questions about this god stuff? I'm beginning to wonder.

    ReplyDelete